Saturday, May 12, 2007

Completing My Journey!


On May 5th, 2007, I finally completed my college journey after 20 years in the making. What was especially sweet about the event was having our out-of-state family here for the celebration!

My mom and dad (Bob and Babe) arrived on Thursday, followed by Mark and Louann and Patty. My cool cousins (Paul and Susie) arrived on Friday and we all went up to Boeing for a very interesting plant tour. We saw the final preparations for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner production line (they begin building the planes in late May). We completed the day with a visit to Seattle and the Queen Anne overlook.




After the commencement ceremony on Saturday, we high-tailed it to Bainbridge Island for an awesome graduation party that Linda and her mother Peggy arranged. Thank you to Linda and Peggy for organizing a wonderful party! Thank you to George, Nancy and Murray for all of their help. It was a very memorable day for me! Now it was time to Discover Seattle…




Sunday was a much needed lazy slow day. Our main mission was to visit Pike Place Market (100th year anniversary) and buy all the fixings for a home cooked dinner. Our eyes were definitely larger than our stomachs as we bought way too much seafood… but it was delicious! We topped off the family dinner with a campfire and roasting marshmallows for our s’mores.

On Monday, we took the crew to Salish Lodge and had a picnic lunch at the base of the Snoqualmie Falls. After spending the afternoon at the Seattle Center with a quick trip to the Space Needle, it was time to start making the airport runs back to the airport. :-(

Thank you to everybody that celebrated this momentous event with me. I greatly appreciated your time, smiles, and hugs. Thank you! I cannot describe with words the pleasure of no longer balancing my homework load with all the other responsibilities in my life.


-jeff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeffrey, Your journey has just begun! This is just one of your many destinations along the road. I am so proud of you and Linda and all the kids. You are all helping to make the world a better place. God bless you as you continue on down the road...Patty

Anonymous said...

Double double this this, Double double that that!! Your family is awesome! Thank you for making our trip a memorable one, we really appreciated everything. You went way over and above, which I'm guessing is normal everyday for you!
Susie